Windows 8 Installation
These instructions are for Windows 8.0, which is not the current version of Windows 8. If you’re using Windows 8.1, follow these directions instead.
The original Doxie (model # DX100) USB scanner works with Windows 8, but requires a special driver installation. Just follow the directions below.
- Download and install the latest Doxie app for Windows.
- During installation, you’ll be prompted to disconnect and reconnect Doxie — this won’t work, because the drivers haven’t installed properly. Instead, proceed to follow the steps below.
- Bring up Charms by moving the mouse to the lower right corner of the screen.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on “Change PC settings” at the bottom.
- Click on General.
- In the Advanced startup section, click the [Restart now] button.
- Click on Troubleshoot.
- Click on Advanced options.
- Click on Startup Settings.
- Click the [Restart] button and wait for the computer to reboot.
- Press (7) Disable driver signature enforcement — Windows will start.
- Proceed to install Doxie’s driver by clicking the appropriate link here: 32-bit Windows, 64-bit Windows. You’ll get an installation warning for installing an uncertified driver – choose “install this driver software anyway”.
- If Doxie is already plugged in, disconnect it, wait 5 seconds, then reconnect.
- Launch the Doxie app, and you’re ready to scan.
- Restart after finishing this process to re-enable driver signature enforcement.