How do I get rid of lines on my scans?
If your scans are showing lines, black dots, or other quality issues, it’s time to clean Doxie.
Insert the included cleaning tool from the back of the scanner, then slowly move the tool back and forth across the entire width of the slot a few times.
This should do the trick. If it doesn't, try one of the advanced methods below. Only do an advanced cleaning if a regular cleaning does not work.
For stubborn dust and dirt, try a "wet" cleaning cycle:
- Lightly moisten the white swab of Doxie's cleaning tool with isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol). You just want to moisten it -- it should not be dripping wet.
- Clean Doxie with the moistened cleaning tool.
- Let Doxie dry for approximately 30 minutes to an hour after a wet cleaning cycle.
- After drying, recalibrate Doxie by inserting the included calibration sheet, face up.
Still have lines on your scans?
In our experience, getting past both cleaning processes should definitely resolve dirt on your image sensor. However, if there are still lines and other issues with your scans after trying these cleaning steps, here are a few possibilities:
- Something is permanently stuck to your image sensor (glue, crayon...), and the advanced cleaning isn't doing it.
- Your calibration sheet might be dirty. Make sure there are no smudges or extra lines on the sheet.
- Your image sensor might is damaged -- read more about what that looks like.
Contact Doxie Customer Care and send a sample scan to firstname.lastname@example.org – we'd be happy to take a look for you.