To import scans via Wi-Fi to your Android device:
First, join Doxie's network
- Turn on Doxie. Move the on/off switch to the on position.
- Enable Wi-Fi. Turn on Wi-Fi by holding down the Scan button for a few seconds until the Wi-Fi symbol appears on the LCD screen. Wait for the blue LED light to appear.
- ... then join Doxie's network. Open Settings, tap Wi-Fi, and select Doxie's network. If you've configured Doxie to connect to your local Wi-Fi network (optional), join that network instead – you want to be on the same network as your Doxie.
Importing scans from Doxie Viewer for Android
- Launch Doxie Viewer for Android.
- Tap your Doxie from the scanners list. If you can't see your scanner, pull down to refresh the list.
- Doxie's web interface will launch on your default web browser (this would be the Chrome app in most cases). The page will show a list of the JPEG scans on your Doxie. Tap on the PDF tab for scans in the PDF format. If you have a lot of scans, it may take a while for the thumbnails to appear.
If you have configured a password on Doxie's Wi-Fi network, the browser will prompt you to enter it. Use doxie as the username.
- Tap each thumbnail to preview each scan. Select the scans you want to import by tapping the checkboxes, or select all the scans at once by tapping Select All. Tap Download to download the selected scans to your device. The scans will be saved at the browser's default download location.
Your scans are now available for viewing on your device or uploading to third-party apps like Google Drive, Dropbox, or Evernote.
Learn More about how to view and share your scans.