Installation for Windows 8.1
These instructions are for Windows 8.1. If you're using Windows 8.0, an older version of Windows 8, follow these directions instead.
The original Doxie (model # DX100) USB scanner works with Windows 8, but requires a special driver installation. Just follow the directions below.
- Download and install Doxie 2.10.3 for Windows.
- Disconnect your Doxie from your computer (if not already disconnected).
- During installation, you'll be prompted to disconnect and reconnect Doxie -- this won't work, because the drivers haven't installed properly. Instead, leave your Doxie disconnected, and proceed to follow the steps below.
- Bring up Charms by moving the mouse to the lower right corner of the screen.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on "Change PC settings" at the bottom.
- Click on “Update & recovery”.
- Click on “Recovery”.
- Click the [Restart Now] button and wait for your computer to reboot.
- Once your computer has restarted, click on “Troubleshoot”.
- Click on “Advanced options”.
- Click on “Startup Settings”.
- Click on “Restart” to restart your computer again.
- Press (7) Disable driver signature enforcement — Windows will start.
- Proceed to install Doxie's driver by clicking the appropriate link here: 32-bit Windows, 64-bit Windows. You'll get an installation warning for installing an uncertified driver – choose "install this driver software anyway".
- Plug in your Doxie via USB, then wait for the driver installation to complete.
- Launch the Doxie app, and you're ready to scan.
- Restart after finishing this process to re-enable driver signature enforcement.
Contact Doxie Customer Care -- we're always here to help.